The Avenir Location (with Google Map)
The Avenir: Site Information & Points of Interest
- The site location of The Avenir was once former Pacific Mansion, located at River Valley Close, Singapore.
- It shares boundaries with the Regalia, The Morningside, and River Valley Primary School. It is also immediate neighbors with Urbana, Euro-Asia Court, and Starlight Suites.
- The Avenir is a few metres away from River Valley Close, which is an important road as it leads to: Killiney Road, Clemenceau Avenue, Hill Street, Leonie Hill Road, Irwell Bank Road, Lower Delta Road, and Hoot Kiam Road. Residents of The Avenir Condo will be well served by these roads.
- The Avenir Condo is minutes walk away from Kim Seng Park, and Singapore River, offering residents an additional option for nature and greenery. Alternatively, Fort Canning Park Is just minutes jog away.
- One of the more prominent landmarks for shopping and groceries shopping the area is the United Square Shopping Center and Liang Court, there are also multiple concept cafes and shops minutes walk away from The Avenir. Food and dining options are aplenty along Killiney Road, where the famous Killiney Road Coffeeshop is located, offering high quality coffee at everyday prices!
- The Avenir is closest to the Great World MRT Interchange. Somerset MRT (NS Line) is also within walking range.
Major Road – River Valley Close, River Valley, Singapore
From The Avenir location, we are :
- 5 mins drive from CBD
- Walking Distance to Killiney Road
- 1 min drive from Orchard Somerset
- 12 mins walk to Orchard Road
- A River Taxi away from Marina Bay
- Within a few MRT stops to Gardens by The Bay
- 1 MRT stop to Orchard MRT Interchange
- In the heart of River Valley/Robertson
- The Avenir Showroom will not be located on site
[CONTACT US for the showroom location]
Amenities near The Avenir (Lifestyle Malls/Shopping)
Orchard – Prime shopping area in Singapore
- The Avenir site is a wonderful piece of real estate also due to its walking distance to the world-famous Orchard Shopping District.
- History: Orchard Road’s original beginnings dates far back to the early 1830s, mainly known for farming of fruit orchards, nutmeg plantations and pepper farms. It was an unnamed road during that time. Fast forward all the way now to 1958, Orchard Road’s first department store was set up by Mr Tang C.K, whom set up TANGS departmental store.It was then only known as House of Tangs, it marked the neighbourhood’s first step towards becoming Singapore’s most beloved shopping district.
- Modern: Today, Orchard Road is a bustling boulevard and international favourite shopping district with world-class offerings. Being so closed to The Avenir, it now offers it’s retail and dining paradise, with over 5,000 establishments offering the ultimate lifestyle experience to residents of The Avenir, tourists and locals alike.
Some notable shopping centres includes:
- TANGS, Orchard ION, Lucky Plaza, Ngee Ann City, Takashimaya, Wisma Atria, Far East Plaza, Shaw Tower, Mandarin Gallery, Cineleisure
Festivals and events are also important attractions in Orchard Road. If you live and stay in The Avenir, you are just a couple of street away from all the actions and fun! Some notable festivals and events includes:
- Christmas on A Great Street – Soak in the joyous mood of the most celebrated festival with beautiful lightings and street art decorations.
- Music Festivals
- Sporting Events
Parks near The Avenir (Nature/Scenic Attractions)
- The Avenir is only 4 bus stops away from Fort Canning. Or a short jog away from the vast greens and historic artifacts of Fort Canning Park.
- Fort Canning Park is actually a small hill which is about 48m tall. This small park has a small size but is very rich in history. Recently, a lot of refurbishment works on the facilities and the park has attracted more and more visitors. Being such a close proximity to The Avenir Freehold Condo, the residents can fully make use of what Fort Canning Hill and Park has to offer.
- History: Used to be called Bukit Larangan or Forbidden Hill, it was believed to be the resting place of Kings of Ancient Singapore. When Sir Stamford Raffles, founder of Singapore built his residence there, it was then renamed Government Hill, until it was renamed in 1861 again to be the current Fort Canning.
- Fort Canning in 1859, due to the absence of Harbor defence, led to it being used as a military role. Remnants of an arms store, hospital, and barracks are still visible in the history-rich Fort Canning. In 1908, it became the military headquarters for the Malaya Command Ops, with underground rooms. It has also served as the headquarters of the Singapore Base District of the British Army. It has now become a tourist attraction known as The Battle Box.
- Modern: Fort Canning Park overlooks Orchard Road and is set in the heart of the Civic and Cultural District of Singapore. It is now a gathering social place for recreational activities from historical, education, and cultural experiences.
Important attractions in the Gardens includes:
- Underground Far East Command Centre, Sally Port, 9 Pound Cannon, Spice Garden, Gothic Gates, Fort Canning Green, Raffles House, Archaelogical Excavation Site
Residents can visit the NParks website for updates on the concerts, social events, and celebrations within Fort Canning Park.
Schools The Avenir (Education)
Strategically located in the heart of Singapore’s most desired address along Duenarn and River Valley Road, the connectivity to important schools for residents of The Avenir is attractive and good.
- Primary Schools
- River Valley Primary School
- Alexandra Primary School
- ACS Junior
- St Margaret Primary
- Zhangde Primary
- Secondary and JC Schools
- Gan Eng Seng Seconndary
- ACS Barker
- Catholic JC
- International and Specialty Schools
- LASELLE College of Arts
- ISS International School (Elementary)
- Dimensions School of Higher Learning
- School of the Arts (SOTA)
- Eton House International School
- Chatsworth International School (Orchard Campus)